CCTV Training Course
Public Space Surveillance (QCF)
Course duration: 3 Days
Cost: £250 per person
Please select a start date (shown in green) from the calendar to complete your booking.
Level 2 Award for Working as a CCTV Operator (Public Space Surveillance) within the Private SecurityIndustry (QCF)
CCTV Operator (Public Space Surveillance) TraininG Course(QCF)
(with distance learning/self study)
Course times typically 08:30 – 17:30 each day
£250 per person
How long will it take?
To complete this CCTV Training Course and qualify as a CCTV operator, learners are expected to undertake approximately 31 hours of learning. The SIA stipulates a minimum of 22 contact hours (3-days) if self-study is undertaken. Please refer to Highfield’s qualification specification for further details on self-study.
Who is it for?
The Level 2 CCTV qualification is designed for those learners wishing to apply for a license from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a CCTV operator for public space surveillance. This formal CCTV Training Course is based on the relevant SIA specification for learning and qualifications, and is supported by Skills for Security.
Learners will be required to undertake a level 1 literacy test (functional skills test) prior to attending this course. If you have any queries or questions about this please contact us on 01273 621323.
Please bring with you on the First day:
- 1 Passport quality Photograph
- 4 days of classroom-based training
- Exam and Certification
- Free exam resit (if required)
- Lunch, refreshments all-inclusive on us!
- Ongoing support and assistance with applying for your SIA license should you require it
This course comprises of 3 Units:
Unit 1 – Working within the Private Security Industry
- Know the main characteristics of the Private Security Industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
- Understand the importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- Understand fire procedures in the workplace
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand the importance of communication skills and customer care
- Externally set and externally assessed multiple choice questions paper consisting of 72 questions the duration of which is 1 hour and 10 minutes. Learners are required to achieve 70% pass mark.
Unit 2 – Working as a CCTV Operator within the Private Security Industry
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the CCTV operator and other CCTV staff
- Understand CCTV codes of practice, operational procedures and guidelines
- Understand relevant legislation and how it impacts on CCTV operations
- Understand the importance of communication within CCTV operations
- Understand emergency procedures in the CCTV control room
- Understand the characteristics of a CCTV system
- Understand health and safety relevant to the CCTV operator
- Externally set and externally assessed multiple choice questions paper consisting of 40 questions the duration of which is 1 hour. Learners are required to achieve a 70% pass mark.
- Externally set, internally marked practical assessment of 15 minutes. Which will consist of a CCTV scenario with a portfolio and observation sheet which requires a 100% pass mark. There will also be a Workbook with short answers with an 80% pass mark requirement.
Unit 3 – Practical Operation of CCTV Equipment within the Private Security Industry
- Understand how to use CCTV equipment
- Be able to operate the CCTV system
This is assessed by a practical exercise on our camera system which currently has 14 high definition cameras, 2 of which are full pan tilt and zoom (PTZ). During this, you will be given tasks to monitor, track, trace and report on a subject. You will also learn how to review footage, produce footage and remotely access a CCTV system through a cloud-based platform which we have in our training centre.
Centres are required to ensure that each learner’s photograph and formal identification documents are checked and recorded before they are allowed to sit the examination/assessment. Only a formal passport-style photo is acceptable and the documents required are listed separately when you click on to ID REQUIREMENTS. Please note ONLY these documents are acceptable and the original MUST be produced, copies cannot be accepted. If you are not sure how you can comply with this, please contact us to discuss this.
For further information
If you have any questions relating to this SIA CCTV training course, a need to clarify, or have any other information please contact us on Brighton 01273 621323 (option 4). Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com where one of our CCTV Operation trainers will then personally handle your enquiry.