Corporate Social Responsibility Policy Statement
This Statement is about how Pagoda Security Training Ltd takes account of its economic, social and environmental impact in the way it operates as a business. By demonstrating our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility we aim to align our business values, purpose and strategy with the needs of our clients, whilst embedding such responsible and ethical principles into everything we do.
The elements of this Statement cover our approach in dealing with our clients, suppliers and the local community principles in an effort to support reducing our energy, procurement, transport, water use and other business usage to reduce our carbon footprint and environmental impact.
Protection of the environment in which we live and operate is part of Pagoda Security’s values and principles and we consider it to be sound business practice. Care for the environment is one of our key responsibilities and an important part of the way in which we do business.
This Statement should also be read in conjunction with our Professional Code of Conduct.
In this policy statement we commit our company to:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice
- Protecting the environment by striving to prevent and minimise our contribution to pollution of land, air, and water
- Seeking to keep wastage to a minimum and maximise the efficient use of materials and resources
- Managing and disposing of all waste in a responsible manner
- Providing training for our staff so that we all work in accordance with this policy statement and within an environmentally aware culture
- Regularly communicating our environmental performance to our employees and other significant stakeholders
- Developing our management processes to ensure that environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation
- Monitoring and continuously improving our environmental performance.
The nature of our work as a supplying manpower means that we do not inherently have a high environmental impact but we will take consideration of environmental issues in the professional services we provide and endeavour to reduce our environmental impact to an absolute minimum.
The Directors will ensure that the Company reduces the environmental impact on the Company by:
- Reducing all our transportation requirements wherever possible and utilising public transport and such facilities as web-ex and conference call facilities
- By using vehicles that are regularly serviced and checked with regards to their emission levels and economically use their fuel
- Sourcing and buying locally to save fuel costs wherever possible
- Ensuring that all lights and equipment is switching off when not required
- Ensuring that water is used efficiently
- Using scrap paper for drafts and notes
- Printing in mono and double sided wherever possible
- Recycling all waste (shredding all business documentation)
- Sourcing recycled materials wherever possible
- Working with like-minded suppliers who take steps to minimise their environmental Impact
The Directors will also ensure that our work with the local community involves:
- Working and supporting local and national charities
- Encouraging volunteer work in community activities
- Supporting local schools
- Undertaking voluntary business advisory services via professional bodies
The Directors will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly and fairly with clients and potential clients by:
- Ensuring that all our advertising and documentation about the business and its activities are clear, informative, legal, decent, honest and truthful
- Being open and honest about our products and services and telling customers what they want to know, including what we do to be socially responsible
- We will avoid pressure selling techniques
- Ensuring that if something goes wrong we will acknowledge the problem and deal with it
- We will listen to our clients so that this can help us improve the products and services we offer to them
- Ensuring that we benchmark and evaluate what we do in order to constantly improve our competitive edge in the marketplace.
- The Directors will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly and fairly with suppliers by:
- Ensuring that we use local suppliers as much as possible
- That we will endeavour to pay on time
- Not expecting any discounts to have a detrimental effect on their business
The operational and ultimate responsibility for the commitment to our corporate social responsibility principles lies with the Directors of Pagoda Security. Every employee of the company is expected to give their full co-operation to the above principles in their activities at work. Consultants or visitors are also expected to apply our environmental principles.
The effectiveness of the Policy Statement will be monitored and reviewed at least annually by the Directors to ensure the Company’s continuing compliance with any relevant legislation and to meet new business requirements and to identify areas in need of improvement. We will also ensure that all areas changes will be brought to the attention of employees as necessary.
1 April 2021